Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Just Me.....

Well, first I thought I'd give a quick rundown of my life so far....... Well, that about covers it! No, but really, I must say that the life of a military wife can either be really exciting or really boring. It depends on how you take the lifestyle. Me, well, I'm a military brat from birth, so I've been taking it all my life. Both of my parents were in the army, most of my siblings joined the military, and I married a Marine. Last week we celebrated 12 years of marriage. Well, not really celebrated. We bought movies, ate pasta, and sat on the couch all day. I guess that's what happens when you're in your 30's and don't feel like going out and making a big hoopla. Or maybe we're just old. My husband and I come from two different walks of life. As I've said, I'm a military brat and I've been traveling the globe since before the umbilical cord was cut. My husband on the other hand.... I don't know. He thinks I'm a bitch if laugh at his upbringing. Let's just put it this way: I had a lot of toys and he didn't. Sometimes he likes to put me in my place for demanding to have certain thing when he didn't have any of it growing up. And sometimes I'm humbled by it, and sometimes I remind him that he married a friggin PRINCESS! I do have to say that these last 12 years together have changed me. Him, not so much. Lately I've been looking back at my life and our marriage and I see a lot of good and a lot of bad. I see the mistakes, and I see those things we've done perfectly together. The one thing I really regret is not pushing for medical testing a lot sooner. Not that it would have made any difference, but I feel like I would have come to this point a lot sooner if I had. We want babies. Lots of them. I didn't grow up in a big family, but I've always wanted one. The Marine grew up in a large family, so he's always expected that someday he'd have one. That's something we both have in common. We want a big family. So, why don't we have one? Well, we've tried. A million times over we've tried. And failed. And failed again. And again. It kills us that it hasn't happened yet, but we're pushing forward with hopes that one day soon, we'll at least be a family of 3 + 2 furbabies. Why not adopt? We're willing to do it, but it's extremely hard to do so with the military lifestyle. Not only that, but there's a lot of emotional and financial factors that go into taking in a child that's not biologically your own. We both want to, but we need to first come together to figure out how we're going to make it work. Especially if I don't find a job and he starts getting deployed again. Hopefully we make it happen, and soon! I don't want to start filling up my house with kids when I'm in my 40's. And speaking of, I NEED house! Right now we're in yet another rental in suburgatory. The Marine is stationed at Quantico MCB, so we're in Woodbridge, about 10 minutes from there. Don't get me wrong, this townhouse is really REALLY nice, but I need a house. We're in 3 bedrooms with a spacious basement and we're crowded. What are we going to do with kids right now! LoL! I'm telling you, if/when we have kids, I'm going to need at least a 6 bedroom house with a game room and a media room, and a 4 car garage..... Texas, here we come! We've already found that if we go to Texas, then we can get everything on our wishlist, plus a lot of land for cheap. So, here's to hoping. And for those who didn't know, that's where we got married! Anyway, I have to get started on dinner. As you'll see in some of my upcoming blogs, my man hates to wait for food....

No comments:

Post a Comment