Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's not so much Writer's Block as it is Performance Anxiety....

My parents, my siblings, my in-laws, and my book club ALL ask me why I'm not churning out the hits. Most of them have read snippets of my writing and fell in love. My mini-me, LOVED my teen novella as well as a few teens in my book club. And they all want to know why I'm just sitting on my talent. Well..... I'm nervous. Writing isn't easy, and I see how people will tear down someone else's hard work. Hell, I've done it myself! I have over 200 unfinished stories in my little vault. Each day, a million ideas float into my head. Each night, a character from one of my stories speaks to me. I sound crazy, huh? Well, the best writers are all a little nuts! One day soon, I'm going to put something out there that's going to blow the world away. J.K. Rowling and J.R. Ward are my inspiration. I love them both. I don't know them, but J.K. has a brilliant mind, and J.R. seems cool as hell on her FB page, and I'm in LOVE with her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. It's just HOT! I just have a little performance anxiety happening right now, but soon, I'm going to find a way over it and blow everyone's mind, having them hooked on a story that they'll be sad to see end. Now, to go and sulk somewhere while I figure out how to climb out of this hole.... *An Update* Well, apparently, I'm not the only one who was thinking about this yesterday. My mom was telling me this morning that she was talking to my older brother and he says that I need to stop looking for a job and start writing and building up my talent. Even my husband asks when I'm going to finish one. They think I'm soooo talented and I'm wasting my potential. I agree. I just need to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment