Tuesday, March 19, 2013

An Interesting Turn of Events

I was talking with my BMIM family about my lack of patience with this process. At this point I am more than ready to have a baby on the way. The only thing stopping me is money, time, and the military! LoL! So, while we're waiting for orders to our next duty station so that we can start the adoption process, I started talking to my extended family about surrogacy and gestational carriers. You have to understand something about my BMIM (Beautiful Military Interracial Marriages) family.... These men and women are the best of the best. Everyone is extremely sweet, kind, giving, and loving. I love them all to death. They've supported me to the fullest with everything, and now that I'm thinking of surrogacy on top of adoption, I'm excited at the prospect of having TWO kids next year! Rob and I are fully committed to the adoption process. So, don't think that if we decide to pursue surrogacy that we're going to change our minds about adoption. That's NOT going to happen. It's the very first thing we're going to do when we get our orders and move. Before we even unpack, we're going to apply to an adoption agency and start the home study process.... BUT, we're now officially starting to talk about surrogacy as well and we have 2 beautiful and generous women that we want to be our carriers. I think it'll be a really beautiful thing to expand our family in every way possible. Now I can fully understand Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's thinking when they started their family. We haven't made a decision yet, but I can't wait to see how this plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment