Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cruise to Nowhere

So, last week the hubby texts me about a $100 cruise to Nowhere leaving out of Baltimore. He gets me all excited about it and so I immediately start looking into it. Of course I'm on the phone with my good friend D.C. when I get the text so I'm telling her about it while I research. Finally, we decide that we want to go, but we want others to go too. So we start texting people while we plan it out. In the end, it's me, the Marine, D.C. and her hubby C.C., and my sister M.G. and her on again off again boyfriend L.H and his daughter, little L.H. Everything started off all well and good. We packed and picked up our friends and headed for the ship on Friday afternoon. We get there, check in, and head to our rooms. Everything's still all well and good until we decide that we're hungry and head up to the Lido deck for lunch. All hell breaks loose, and so does my tooth! As soon as I bite into my hotdog, I'm fighting back the tears. Luckily, we're still in port and my sister is way behind, so I text her and ask her to bring some pain meds when she comes. And..... SHE DOES! M.G. comes aboard with a big magic bottle of Aleive and it helps so much along with the hot tea and hot chocolate. So, thanks to her, I'm not completely miserable on this weekend cruise. We have fun though. We drink, we gamble, and some of us have dinner together in different intervals. The Marine and L.H. spent an afternoon in the sports bar drinking and watching the game, and then D.C. begged him to take her hubby up there so that she can have a few minutes alone. Later on, me and M.G. were hanging out talking on the Lido deck where we met up with D.C and C.C. and we sat and talked for hours about life and family and our plans for the holidays. It was really fun, but I wish we had more time to sit back and enjoy it. I mean, the service was horrible and I let Carnival know that I didn't appreciate it, but hanging out with friends and family is always great!

No comments:

Post a Comment